There is nothing like a homemade baked good during the holidays! Especially the rare treat of a homemade baked donut… yup this happened this Christmas Eve. I have been wanting to make donuts from scratch for quite some time now but didn’t want to deal with the greasy mess involved with frying. I finally found the perfect BAKED donut recipe, and not just for a plain ol’ donut, we’re talking apple cider donuts!
What you will need:
For the Donuts
1. 1 cup AP flour
2. 1/3 cup light brown sugar
3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
5. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1 large egg
8. 1/2 cup apple cider
9. 1 stick of butter
10. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11. Donut baking pan
For the Glaze
1. Powdered sugar
What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients together.
2. Add in wet ingredients and mix gently until batter is smooth and creamy with no lumps.
3. Transfer batter into a gallon size Ziplock bag and carefully cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to pipe the batter through.
4. Spray donut pan with non-stick spray or wipe with oil and flour.
5. Pipe batter into the baking pan.
6. Bake on 375 degrees for 15 minutes (super quick!)
7. In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze together and mix until smooth.
8. Once donuts are done in the oven, let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing.
9. Remove donuts and dip the top of each donut into the glaze for desired amount of icing.
10. Let dry on a baking rack.